EPS provide pipeline/cable As-Laid ROV survey too where the objective is to record the pipeline/cable status and position immediately after it is laid.
As-Laid Survey is usually carried out during the pipeline/cable installation or as soon as practically possible after the pipe/cable is laid and will normally incorporate the following elements:
- The horizontal pipeline/cable position referenced to the planned alignment.
- The vertical profile of the pipeline/cable with respect to the natural seabed on either side of the pipeline/cable.
- Continuous video coverage of both sides and top of the pipeline/cable.
- A transverse profile at a minimum agreed interval.
- Location and documentation of the physical condition of the pipeline/cable.
- Location and documentation of free spans and buckles.
- Location and documentation of debris in the immediate vicinity of the pipeline/cable that could impede trenching etc,
- Location and rotation of piggy back lines (if appropriate) and heads.
- Determine the position of each field joint and CP anode